Blizzard was hacked.
So here’s what was grabbed:
North American-based accounts, including players from Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia:
- Email addresses
- Answers to secret security questions
- Cryptographically scrambled versions of passwords (not actual passwords)
- Information associated with the Mobile Authenticator
- Information associated with the Dial-in Authenticator
- Information associated with Phone Lock, a security system associated with Taiwan accounts only
So what should you do?
If you have a mobile authenticator, remove it from your account and get a new copy.
You should probably change your password and security questions.
You should also be very vigilant against phishing emails (as always).
Blizzard got hit, but it’s nice to see that they weren’t hit very hard.
Stay aware though.